Upon purchase of a silencer, (SRD556) would it ship directly to me, or to an FFL?Do I need a tax stamp?

Robert Skinner

Suppressors and short barreled rifles must ship to another FFL that has a SOT. We file a Form 3 (electronically) and upon approval we ship to the receiving FFL (we do need a copy of their license and SOT certificate). Once it arrives there you'll need to file the Form 4 Application for Tax Stamp. Once the Form 4 is approved you pick up from your local dealer and complete a 4473 for the transfer.

Rate the answer?